[Opendnssec-user] How to calc new ZSK / KSK and pre-publish date

Javier Jiménez Huedo bodegax at gmail.com
Tue May 13 12:18:21 UTC 2014

Dear OpenDNSSEC users,

I am confused about the following behavior of openDNSSEC:

I have the following ZSK active key:

Key type     State:   Next transition:
 ZSK           active    2014-05-19 16:02:20 (retire)

KSK Lifetime P20D
ZSK LifeTime P10D

How I can calculate the date of generation of the next ZSK key?
How I can calculate the date of pre-publication next ZSK key?

Kasp.xml:

<Signatures>
               <Resign>PT5H</Resign>
               <Refresh>P2D</Refresh>
               <Validity>
                               <Default>P5D</Default>
                               <Denial>P5D</Denial>
               </Validity>
               <InceptionOffset>PT3600S</InceptionOffset>
<Signatures>

<keys>
                <TTL>PT3600S</TTL>
                <PublishSafety>PT1H</PublishSafety>
</keys>
<Zone>
                        <PropagationDelay>PT30S</PropagationDelay>
</zone>
<parent>
               <PropagationDelay>PT5H</PropagationDelay>
               <DS><TTL>P1D</TTL></DS>
               <SOA><TTL>P1D</TTL> <Minimum>P1D</Minimum></SOA>
</parent>