[Opendnssec-user] Key NOT ALLOCATED

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Sun May 11 12:41:58 UTC 2014

On 8 May 2014, at 10:24, Fred.Zwarts <F.Zwarts at KVI.nl> wrote:

> Is there is simple way to exclude the unallocated keys and get the old listing behaviour?
> (I now use " | grep -v "NOT ALLOCATED”.

No - this is probably as good a method as anything...

> This incompatible change broke one of my scripts, so I used this work-around to fix it, but I wonder whether there are other cases that may pop up later.)

Ack - apologies. We thought we had maintained the default listing behaviour apart from a few cases where keys are in unexpected states which may cause problems and so it was useful to see them (we missed this harmless case)….

We are currently thinking about how to better audit the keys in the database for OPENDNSSEC-584 and I _think_ the right solution here is to ensure this specific case is covered under this activity and these records are cleaned up correctly. I’ve updated the ticket to reflect this.

Sara.