[Opendnssec-user] Bad signerd crash.

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Thu Sep 19 07:05:41 UTC 2013

+--On 19 septembre 2013 07:37:30 +0200 Matthijs Mekking
<matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:
| Do you have logs from between start and Sep 17 20:24:09?

Oh, yes, I do. I do have quite a lot of zones it may be quite large, I'll
see if I can put it somewhere.

| Core file, depends on the system. When testing it is my experience that
| sometimes it is stored in the directory that the binary is called from.

Doesn't seem so, also, the log do say :
Sep 17 20:27:03 ns1 kernel: pid 76859 (ods-signerd), uid 0: exited on
signal 11
which means there was no core dump, if there was, it would say, say :
Sep 18 16:00:35 ns1 kernel: pid 6480 (something), uid 0: exited on signal 6
(core dumped)

| We could mitigate against the preventing itself from launching again by
| setting the SO_REUSEADDR option in the socket.

That we could, yes.

--
Mathieu Arnold