[Opendnssec-user]Failed When Adding Zone in 1.4.0

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Fri Jun 21 08:27:47 UTC 2013

Hi Stuart.

The message "Cannot open destination file, will not make backup."
indicates that the zonelist can not be backed up; does the process have
permissions to create the file:

/home/gtld/software/opendnssec-1.4.0/etc/opendnssec/zonelist.xml.backup

?

However the zone was successfully added to the database, so when trying
again it fails at that point. The update makes the database reflect the
zonelist (which wasn't updated) so the zone is removed...

I believe that if you fix the permissions on the directory above it will
work okay.

Sion