[Opendnssec-user] RE: Results of user survery on future developments

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Mon Jul 22 10:13:22 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Firstly - many thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to the user survey. Your feedback is very much appreciated!

Secondly - the results. I've combined the results for the two sections and presented a summary here based on how many votes each feature got in each category:

						Blocking		Really want	Would use

Existing API improvement      		1			2			5
DS handling					1			1			5
Offline KSK					1			0			4
GOST/ECDSA					1			0			2
Monitoring 								6			5
Postgres 									2			3
Views 									2			2
Key pool			 						2			1
Policy rollover		 						1			8
New API 									1			4
Dynamic updates							1			3
CSK 										1			2
Algorithm rollover 										9
Database adapter										4
Multiple key rollover methods								3
NSEC/NSEC3 trans 										1
Text alt to XML											1
Graphical alt to XML										0

A table view is also available: https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/OpenDNSSEC/User+survey+2013

We will use this to feed into our roadmap for beyond the 2.0 release.

We would also like to review the specific requirements for improving the API, DS handling and monitoring. I'll set up a web page shortly to try to summarise what we currently have planned on these 3 areas for user review.

Once again - many thanks to those who responded!

Sara.