[Opendnssec-user] PostgreSQL support for OpenDNSSEC 1.3.x or 1.4.x

Sara Dickinson sara at sinodun.com
Mon Jul 22 09:29:20 UTC 2013

Hi Carsten,

We have had several requests for this lately and it came quite high in our recent user survey (that reminds me - I will send the results of that out to the list forthwith! :-) ).

The work to add this in 1.3 or 1.4 would be significant so this isn't our plans for those release. However 2.0 involves a complete re-write of the enforcer component including better abstraction of the database backend. This means adding PostgreSQL to 2.0 should be relatively straightforward (however the initial release of 2.0 will still only support MySQL and SQLite).

So, this is certainly on our radar for a post 2.0 release - but we don't have a detailed roadmap for that phase of development yet.

Sara.