[Opendnssec-user] Migrating from sqllite to MySQL

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Tue Dec 17 10:43:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently switching over from sqllite to MySQL with my OpenDNSSEC,
because that's recommented for production use. I noticed, that the
migration guide on
https://wiki.opendnssec.org/display/DOCS/Migrating+between+supported+database+backends
does not work this way:

enforcer/utils/convert_database.pl --from
dbi:SQLite:dbname=/var/lib/opendnssec/kasp.db --to
dbi:mysql:database=opendnssec;host=localhost --to-username opendnssec
--to-password SECRET
Connected to exporting database
dbi:SQLite:dbname=/var/lib/opendnssec/kasp.db
Validating existing data
Create the importing database, this will delete existing data?
[NO/yes] yes
Enter importing database password (--to-password):

-> the command line arguments for MySQL user/password are ignored.

I needed to use the MySQL root password for the migrate:

enforcer/utils/convert_database.pl --from
dbi:SQLite:dbname=/var/lib/opendnssec/kasp.db --to
dbi:mysql:database=opendnssec;host=localhost
Connected to exporting database
dbi:SQLite:dbname=/var/lib/opendnssec/kasp.db
Validating existing data
Create the importing database, this will delete existing data?
[NO/yes] yes
Enter importing database password (--to-password): ROOTSECRET
Connected to importing database
dbi:mysql:database=opendnssec;mysql_multi_statements=1
Initializing conversion
Deleting existing data in importing database
Converting database
        securitymodules
        categories
        parameters
        serialmodes
        policies
        zones
        keypairs
        dnsseckeys
        parameters_policies
Optimizing database
Done

BTW: updated to OpenDNSSEC 1.4.3 before.

Regards,
   Volker