[Opendnssec-user] Our unsigned zones change every 5 minutes - will they automatically be signed?

Ondřej Caletka Ondrej.Caletka at cesnet.cz
Thu Aug 29 12:22:32 UTC 2013

Hi Harald,

Dne 29.8.2013 13:56, Harald A. Irmer napsal(a):
> Our unsigned zones change every 5 minutes - maybe I can defer changes up
> to every 15 minutes - are the signed zones then produced accordingly
> _automatically_?

After update of an unsigned zone, call 'ods-signer sign <zone>'
everything else is automatic.

Dne 29.8.2013 14:04, Harald A. Irmer napsal(a):
> I did not find documened that a named(BIND) must be running on the
> machine on which opendnssec is installed. Is it so?

No, it is not. You can do whatever you want with signed zone files. You
can setup Opendnssec to call arbitrary command when a new version of
signed zone file is ready. Default action is to reload that zone into
BIND, but it can be adapted to your needs in ODS config.

Regards,

Ondřej Caletka,
CESNET, z. s. p. o.