[Opendnssec-user]Signing Speed Varies Dramatically

Jerry Lundström jerry at opendnssec.org
Tue Oct 16 05:45:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Áõ˶ <shuoleo at 126.com> wrote:
> If the zone was newly imported, the avg could be up to 3700(sig/sec) in my
> server, but the speed would drop dramatically when resigning, why?

This is a problem we are aware of, its a small problem where the
sig/sec calculation is wrong.

There is nothing wrong with your system, its just that when all your
signatures must be redone the calculation of how many sig/sec your
system can do is more accurate then when just a small set of
signatures needs to be made.

You can also look at the time= and you'll see that when a small set of
signatures are done (3000+) the RRSIG part takes ~50 seconds and when
all 720000+ it takes ~200 seconds. It also takes time to check all the
720000+ entries if they are going to be resigned and that time is also
included in RRSIG part.

So don't worry, everything looks to be working as it should.

--
Jerry Lundström - OpenDNSSEC Developer
http://www.opendnssec.org/