[Opendnssec-user] version 1.4.0a1 signer backup corrupt?

Fred Zwarts (KVI) F.Zwarts at KVI.nl
Thu May 24 07:56:00 UTC 2012

We run 1.4.0a1 for some days now. We noticed that each time the signerd is
stopped and started, the following messages appear in the system log:

May 24 09:43:34 kvir07 ods-signerd: [engine] signer started
May 24 09:43:34 kvir07 ods-signerd: [zone] unable to recover zone KVI.nl:
corrupted file
May 24 09:43:34 kvir07 ods-signerd: [engine] unable to recover zone KVI.nl
from backup, performing full sign

Fortunately we do not have a very big zone, so the full sign is not a big
load.
Still, it is something we want to be fixed. Is this a known bug in the
software, or is there something wrong in our configuration?