[Opendnssec-user] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when doing ds-seen

Siôn Lloyd sion at nominet.org.uk
Mon Jun 25 07:45:27 UTC 2012

On 24/06/12 16:51, Bas van den Dikkenberg wrote:

> When running a ds-seen i get this messages:
>
> root at scripting:/etc/nsd3/zones/master-signed# ods-ksmutil key ds-seen
> --zone hobby.nl --keytag 49150
>
> SQLite database set to: /var/lib/opendnssec/db/kasp.db
>
> Found key with CKA_ID ae09c9cb77a258e30a6e7e0c098ee478
>
> Key ae09c9cb77a258e30a6e7e0c098ee478 made into standby
>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> Is this something to worry about, de the next key when was done
> without any problem

Hi Bas.

Can you provide a bit more information so that we can try to reproduce this?

Along with the usual OS and version of ODS could you tell me it this was
it the first time ds-seen was run on this zone?

As to whether it is anything to worry about, if it is the first run then
it should have done everything it needed to. If it was not then it may
have faulted as it tried to retire the old key. If this is the case then
you can manually retire it with the "ods-ksmutil key ksk-retire" command.

Thank you,

Sion