[Opendnssec-user]Signing speed varies

Matthijs Mekking matthijs at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Jul 31 16:11:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

Between the signer starts the timer and stops the timer, the following
actions are being done:

- queue RRsets for signing
- do sign operations
- check whether all appointed jobs have been successful

I argue the latter action can be done after stopping the timer. So there
is some overhead/offset, although 2 minutes seems excessively large.

Also interesting to see is your signing times. I see STATS lines every
5-15 minutes. And every line a lot of RRSIGs are being renewed. I am
curious how your key and signing policy (kasp) looks like for this zone,
or what commands you are performing that result in this behavior.

Best regards,
   Matthijs