[Opendnssec-user]Signing speed varies

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Jul 31 13:29:45 UTC 2012

Hi Stuart,

On 07/31/2012 12:06 PM, 刘硕 wrote:
> I'm signing a 200Mb zone example4 and I find that the avg of signing
> speed varies ,  [..]

I do not know enough of the signer to answer your questions but if you
plot RRSIG_new with RRSIG_time in a graph you'd see a quite linear
function. It does have an offset of about 2 minutes for your zone on
your machine, independent of how many signatures need to be generated. I
don't know where this constant overhead is coming from but I think that
skews the displayed average. About 1300 sig/sec seems a better
estimation for your machine.

Regards,
Yuri