[Opendnssec-user] DelegationSignerSubmitCommand

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Fri Jun 24 11:06:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm currently working on a system that should automate all the stuff
around zone signing, including the update of the DNSKEY material. I see
this as a proove of concept. My needs are that everything works without
me doing something manual, because I have this for some DNSSEC zones
managed by Bind. KSK rollovers have to be performed manual and I want to
get rid of this.

When I suppose the passed DNSKEYs to be wrong, I could add an extra
check to be sure that the DNSKEYs of the zone served on the nameservers
match the one that should be send to the registry. When using a .DE
domain, the registry will perform exactly this check. I can even use the
Denic check as a web service to check if the DNSKEYs that OpenDNSSEC
passen to my script, are correct. So I think it might be a safe
solution.

The upload of the DNSKEY material is no problem. My registrar provides
an interface that uses DNSKEY as input, not depending on the TLD of the
domain that is used. My registrar does all the DS calculation, if
needed.

And I also think that this way should be safe, because you can plugin
an EPP client, that would perform the updates with the registry direct.

Greetings
   Volker