[Opendnssec-user] signed crash (1.3.4)

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Wed Dec 21 08:54:32 UTC 2011

Hello Jerry,

> Thanks for reporting.
>
> Where you able to replicate the problem, if so how?

No. Restarting ods (via ods-control) simply complained about corrupted
backup file, and started a new full signing - which went through on the
same input data.

This said, I have hourly backups of the opendnssec directory - so I'll
try to restore the one before the crash and see if I can trigger
something. As current information points on a sig renewal issue it might
be possible to rebuilt something. I'll let you know.

> Is there a core dump / back trace available?

No. Next time there will be :/

> What set up do you have, number of zones, entries per zone, number of
> workers and drudgers, what kind of hsm solution?

A rather basic setup, in my feeling: about 60 zones. Mostly small leaf
zones (5-100 entries), mainly NSEC, almost all same policy, shared keys.
One larger zone, about 120000 records, only delegations, NSEC3-optout,
with it's own key. That's the one on wich both signers crashed. 4
workers, drudgers not configured (so default). As HSM an AEP keyper is used.