[Opendnssec-user] after upgrading to 1.1.2: Error initializing libhsm

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Tue Sep 7 13:40:21 UTC 2010

Hi Rickard,

Rickard Bellgrim wrote:
> On 7 sep 2010, at 14.46, Gilles Massen wrote:
>
>> # bin/ods-hsmutil list
>> hsm_get_slot_id(): could not find token with the name My Token 1
>>
>> However, the token exists, and is found by 'softhsm' and even pkcs11-tool.
>>
>> Does anyone know what is wrong, or how to debug this?
>
> Ok, here are some questions:
>
> Is your token labeled "My Token 1"?

Yes, it is. (this is still a playground, that's why the token names are
not that meaningful)

> Is your token label present in conf.xml?

Yes.

Actually I found it: I'd qualify it as a bug, or at least ar a
misleading error:

I have 2 tokens defined. One local with softHSM (the one complaining
about 'My Token 1') and a second on an AEP Keyper. The Keyper was
acutally unreachable, although not used in any configured zone (but in
an unused policy). The softhsm was apparently working correctly.

Isn't it possible to have opendnssec work with the available tokens, and
only fail where needed?

Kind regards,
Gilles

--