[Opendnssec-user] after upgrading to 1.1.2: Error initializing libhsm

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Tue Sep 7 13:15:47 UTC 2010

On 7 sep 2010, at 14.46, Gilles Massen wrote:

> # bin/ods-hsmutil list
> hsm_get_slot_id(): could not find token with the name My Token 1
>
> However, the token exists, and is found by 'softhsm' and even pkcs11-tool.
>
> Does anyone know what is wrong, or how to debug this?

Ok, here are some questions:

Is your token labeled "My Token 1"?

Is your token label present in conf.xml?

If you are using SoftHSM, then you can list the token labels with this command:
softhsm --show-slots

Then go into /etc/opendnssec/conf.xml and check that you have these labels in <TokenLabel>...</TokenLabel>