[Opendnssec-user] zone updates ignored?

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Tue Nov 23 14:57:36 UTC 2010

On 11/23/2010 03:40 PM, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:

> On 23 nov 2010, at 15.18, Gilles Massen wrote:
>
>> However I would suggest that this should be highlighted somewhat in
>> the documentation: the current text suggest (to me at least) that
>> the use of ods-signer sign is completely optional.
>
> Perhaps you are thinking of the text:
>
> *** Updating the unsigned zone ***
>
> When you update the content of an unsigned zone you can schedule it
> for immediate resigning using the ods-signer command like this:
>
> ods-signer sign example.com

Yes, that's the part I had in mind. I read this as "if you are in a
hurry, use this command". 'can' is the keyword giving me the impression.

(Proposed text: "When you update the content of an unsigned zone you
have to schedule it for resigning using...". For sake of clarity I'd
drop 'immediate'.)

The part where the CLI for ods-signer is described is neutral but
doesn't suggest either that the sign command is necessary.

Gilles

--
Fondation RESTENA - DNS-LU
6, rue Coudenhove-Kalergi