[Opendnssec-user] zone updates ignored?

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Tue Nov 23 14:40:43 UTC 2010

On 23 nov 2010, at 15.18, Gilles Massen wrote:

> However I would suggest that this should be highlighted somewhat in the
> documentation: the current text suggest (to me at least) that the use of
> ods-signer sign is completely optional.

Perhaps you are thinking of the text:

*** Updating the unsigned zone ***
When you update the content of an unsigned zone you can schedule it for immediate resigning using the ods-signer command like this:

 ods-signer sign example.com

> For minimizing confusion I would
> also advise against ever using some parts of the unsigned file (i.e. the
> serial) while ignoring the rest (the content).

Yes, the current signer now only get the input serial from the unsigned file when sign command is given.