[Opendnssec-user] Database support for OpenDNSSEC

Simon Mittelberger mittelberger at united-domains.de
Thu Nov 18 09:34:44 UTC 2010

Hi Matthijs,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.11.2010, 10:21 +0100 schrieb Matthijs Mekking:
> Currently, the auditor is already provided with internal files. The
> signer working directories makes a copy to .unsorted and a signed copy
> to .finalized before writing the zone and the auditor will make his
> checks against these files. So, I don't see why it should be different
> with mySQL adapters.

thanks for clarifying.

It is now working as follows:
- the mysql adapter writes the zone to zonename.inbound
- opendnssec can then proceed, using the file adapter for the internal
files.
- after signing the zone, the mysql adapter writes the records to the
database.

If the input adapter is specified as mysql and the output adapter as
file it works fine.

The mysql output adapter gives me still some headache:
The auditor seems to need/load the file specified in:
<Adapters><Output><File>...</File></Output></Adapters> in zonelist.xml
Please see line 67 - 71 in auditor/lib/kasp_auditor/parse.rb

I am not sure if I have the right idea of what is done here: Does the
auditor make a check if the signed zonefile is present? Because the
audit is done with zonename.finalized and at the moment the auditor is
called the file does not yet exist.

All the best,
Simon