[Opendnssec-user] Final tests

Rick Zijlker rick.zijlker at sidn.nl
Mon Jan 18 11:18:22 UTC 2010

Hello Sven-Åke,

I am running tests as well and after signing a zone I check the following points:
- Keytags in the DNSKEY records and see if they correspond to the "ods-ksmutil key list -v" list;
- Presence of NSEC(3) records;
- Number of RRSIGs in relation to number of DS records;
- Possible changes in the SOA record according to policy;
- Logging to see if there is warnings and to see how well the signing is performing. You can see the signs/second;
- Integration with BIND 9.7 and the IXFR's BIND makes when signing a changed zone;

We are testing with a Safenet Luna SA HSM.

Cheers,
Rick Zijlker