[Opendnssec-user] HSM and SoftHSM Co-existence

Rick Zijlker rick.zijlker at sidn.nl
Wed Feb 3 11:12:14 UTC 2010

Hello Brett,

We have Red Hat 5.4 machines with the hardware HSM Luna SA installed and
even performed a rollover from SoftHSM (1.1.3) with Botan 1.8.8 to the
Luna SA which is no problem at all. The ods-ksmutil list displays keys
from different repositories.

However, the Luna SA are standalone HSM's connected by network. Not an
internal card. We have some client software installed on the signing
machines. I do not think the behavior you mentioned is caused by the
fact there is a hardware HSM present next to SoftHSM, but I have no clue
what else can be the cause.

Regards,

Rick Zijlker