[Opendnssec-user] Being notified of a ZSK rollover?

sion at nominet.org.uk sion at nominet.org.uk
Wed Feb 3 09:14:07 UTC 2010

> > I would like to know when a ZSK rollover takes place. In conf.xml,
> > there is <NotifyCommand> for the signer, but I find no equivalent for
> > key rollovers. (The only workaround seems to be a parsing of the
> > syslog files.)
>
> There will be a "notify" for KSK for 1.1, but not ZSK. The receiving
> command must accept the zone name and current set of KSKs that
> OpenDNSSEC want to publish at the parent.
>
> What is your idea of ZSK rollover notification?

There is currently a configurable notify for KSK rollovers, the
rolloverNotify tag. However all this does is send a message to syslog which
the user is expected to look out for. (As I recall this is how all of our
notifies are going to work, the NotifyCommand is an exception.)

This mechanism can be extended to cover ZSK rollovers too.

Sion