[Opendnssec-user] SQLite -> MySQL

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Thu Apr 22 07:54:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Can the same spec-file be used for the different RPM systems? Sorry, I do not know so much about packaging.

There are usually minor differences in style.  There is also a lot of
overlap though, and sharing that is never a bad idea.  Even if the
maintainer of distro X could see the diff's checked in by the maintainer
of distro Y.

> Isn't these files usually part of the package maintainer's repository? But if it can be used for different systems, then it would be a good idea to have this file in our repository.

They can often be used on different distributions, but the maintainer of
a particular distro is likely to make his own version (and publish it as
part of the source distro in a .src.rpm) -- the value of having a .rpm
however is that many RPM-based distributions do not have OpenDNSSEC yet,
and they would be able to get on board much easier.  We've all three been
doing similar work over the past weeks, which accounts for a waste of
mindcycles.  Much better spending that on playing XBill.

> What information would you like us to put here?
> http://www.opendnssec.org/download/packages/

I follow Rachid and Ville -- I am only an occasional RPM builder.

-Rick