[Opendnssec-user] SQLite -> MySQL

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Wed Apr 21 11:42:11 UTC 2010

On 21 apr 2010, at 12.57, Rachid Zarouali wrote:

> so there's no way to use mysql for opendnssec and sofhsm ?

It is possible to use MySQL with OpenDNSSEC. Just use the flags to configure as I mentioned.

SoftHSM can be considered as a separate product, although it is developed in conjunction with OpenDNSSEC. As Rick said, we are using PKCS#11 as a standard interface to communicate with HSMs. And SoftHSM is a software only implementation of a generic HSM. It uses a SQLite database to store the keys and the attributes. This database should not be mixed up with the database for OpenDNSSEC. Two different databases, and the user can always choose to use an other HSM.

SoftHSM (libsofthsm) can also be used with other products/software because of the PKCS#11 interface.