[Opendnssec-user] About zone_fetcher

Antti Ristimäki aristima at csc.fi
Tue Sep 29 08:53:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

Is the zone_fetcher component already functional? I tried to configure the
/etc/opendnssec/zonefetch.xml properly and then added a zone without an
initial unsigned zone file. Should the zone_fetcher read the zone file
via axfr from the master specified in zonefetch.xml? So far
I haven't been able to make it work. The log only says:

OpenDNSSEC signer engine: Input file missing: /var/opendnssec/unsigned/example.tld

How will the zone fetcher behave after the initial signing? That is, will
the fetcher always check before the signing process, if there is a newer
version of the zone on the hidden master? I have also understood that
there will be a separate notify listener that will listen to notifies from
the hidden master?

I'm using the latest trunk (r1878).

Best regards,

Antti