[Opendnssec-user] Opendnssec Documentation

Rickard Bondesson rickard.bondesson at iis.se
Sat Oct 24 10:40:38 UTC 2009

You also need to setup the database, before you use it for the first time.

ods-ksmutil setup

Sorry about the documentation. It will be fixed within two weeks.

24 okt 2009 kl. 12.34 skrev "B C" <brettlists at gmail.com<mailto:brettlists at gmail.com>>:

Thanks Jakob they are all good pointers. As my /etc/opendnssec and /var/opendnssec are quite old I have decided to start afresh from this release.

Consequently I am now having some issues getting things up and running.

I have installed and configured softhsm and added/initialised a slot for opendnssec to use.

However when i start the signing/enforcer daemons I am seeing an error:

Oct 24 11:28:10 dnssigner2 ods-enforcerd: SQLite database set to: /var/opendnssec/kasp.db
Oct 24 11:28:10 dnssigner2 ods-enforcerd: Log User set to: local0
Oct 24 11:28:10 dnssigner2 ods-enforcerd: Switched log facility to: local0
Oct 24 11:28:10 dnssigner2 ods-enforcerd: Connecting to Database...
Oct 24 11:28:10 dnssigner2 ods-enforcerd: ERROR: error executing SQL - no such table: dbadmin

I do have an /var/opendnssec/kasp.db but it is empty:

 ls -l /var/opendnssec
total 16
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Oct 24 11:28 kasp.db
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    0 Oct 24 11:28 kasp.db.our_lock

Any ideas on where I am going wrong from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Brett