[Opendnssec-user] SCA6000 + Ubuntu

Rickard Bellgrim rickard.bellgrim at iis.se
Tue Nov 24 16:16:43 UTC 2009

> During the workshop few weeks ago you mentioned that you are using this
> SCA6000 with Ubuntu. Is it possible for you to share details about
> installation procedure? Are you patching kernel? Are you patching
> drivers? That would help us a lot.

The kernel driver needs to be patched. The other programs are supplied as binary packages. Some of the configuration needs to be patched so that the SCA6K daemons can start. I am running on a 64-bit machine.

Download the tarball the SCA6K page. The packages I use are for RHEL5. So we need to convert them into debian packages.
 sudo apt-get install alien
 sudo alien --scripts -k *.rpm

Some dependencies:
 sudo apt-get install libopencryptoki0 opencryptoki ia32-libs
Build dependencies:
 sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) build-essential

Unpack the drvsrc
 tar -xzf sun-sca6000-drvsrc-1.1-4.tar.gz
 cd cd sun-sca6000-drvsrc-1.1-4

The drvsrc needs patching so it works with the kernel in Ubuntu 8.0.4. Some hints on what to change:
 * CFLAGS to EXTRA_CFLAGS in the Makefiles
   (driver and framework)
 * Change #include <> to #include "" for local headers in the following files
   - mca.h
   - mca_cf.h
   - mcactl.h
   - mca_hw.h
 * Change SA_SHIRQ to IRQF_SHARED
   (in sol2lin.h in driver and framework)
 * Remove the declaration for uintptr_t
   (in sol2lin.h in driver and framework)
 * Change INIT_WORK(work, ((void(*)(void *))func), (void *)arg) to
   INIT_WORK(work, (void *)func);
   (in sol2lin.h in driver and framework)
 * Change to MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") in sca_io.c

Install the kernel driver
 make
 sudo make install

Install the packages
 cd ..
 sudo dpkg -i *.deb

Run the script to patch the configurations
 sh sca6kscript.sh