[Opendnssec-develop] Supported build dependency for libraries etc

John Dickinson jad at sinodun.com
Tue Oct 18 13:33:54 UTC 2011

On 18 Oct 2011, at 14:18, Rickard Bellgrim wrote:

> To summarize this...
>
> We depend on packages that should be available in all distributions:
> sqlite, libxml2, (mysql)
>
> We have the build / configure specific packages like autoconf,
> automake, gcc, etc. Those should also be available in all
> distributions.
>
> The packages that are special for OpenDNSSEC are ldns and dnsruby.
> Botan for SoftHSM. I think it would be reasonable to just have the
> latest version installed in the test system, unless there are a major
> API change. You could have the argument that having old version helps
> us to detect if the developer has started to use new functions. But
> our main goal is to run the test scripts and our secondary goal is to
> see if the system builds.

A couple of comments

1. The SoftHSM configure.ac file contains specific checks for botan >= 1.10 and 1.8 suggesting to me that we need multiple Botans in each test

2. LDNS configure has --disable-gost. By default this would require OpenSSL >= 1.0.0. We should be able to test this. Again this would potentially add two LDNS versions (with and without gost) as well as the system and non-system OpenSSL (I think most system are still shipping with OpenSSL < 1.0.0.

> We do also say that we support current version of OpenDNSSEC and the
> two previous minor releases. So currently we have to run the test
> system for 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and trunk. Have we agreed on how to treat
> the build scripts for these four different versions?
>
> // Rickard

---
jad at sinodun.com
Sinodun Internet Technologies Ltd.