[Opendnssec-develop] Supported build dependency for libraries etc

Rickard Bellgrim rickard at opendnssec.org
Tue Oct 18 13:18:26 UTC 2011

To summarize this...

We depend on packages that should be available in all distributions:
sqlite, libxml2, (mysql)

We have the build / configure specific packages like autoconf,
automake, gcc, etc. Those should also be available in all
distributions.

The packages that are special for OpenDNSSEC are ldns and dnsruby.
Botan for SoftHSM. I think it would be reasonable to just have the
latest version installed in the test system, unless there are a major
API change. You could have the argument that having old version helps
us to detect if the developer has started to use new functions. But
our main goal is to run the test scripts and our secondary goal is to
see if the system builds.

We do also say that we support current version of OpenDNSSEC and the
two previous minor releases. So currently we have to run the test
system for 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and trunk. Have we agreed on how to treat
the build scripts for these four different versions?