[Opendnssec-user] Problem with configuration; terse output

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Fri Feb 17 05:31:19 UTC 2023

Dear Jan-Piet,

thank you for your interesting insight.

On 16/02/23 15:21 +0100, Jan-Piet Mens via Opendnssec-user wrote:
>>                        <MySQL>
>>                                <Host Port="3306">localhost</Host>
>>                        </MySQL>
>>
>>I can connect to mariadb with:
>>mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u ods -pCherry7Chunky8Voyage opendnssec
>
>IIRC, accessing MySQL/MariaDB with the name 'localhost' differs from connecting
>to the address '127.0.0.1'. The former uses the Unix domain socket, the latter
>TCP.
>
>You may wish to adjust accordingly.

I changed the text in Host to 127.0.0.1, but still there is no network
activity with port 3306 on the loopback interface shown by tcpdump.

The documentation on the wiki seems rather sparse; I had to read the
source of ods-enforcer-db-setup to realise that it is compiled to
create the database in sqlite; it needs to be recompiled for mysql
support.  There are a number of other surprises that could be headed
off with a little more typing on the wiki.  If we use opendnssec, I
will certainly work on the wiki to clarify all the mysteries I
encounter on my journey.
Nick Urbanik             http://nicku.org           nicku at nicku.org