[Opendnssec-user] Enforcer and signer starting and stopping order

Erik P. Ostlyngen erik.ostlyngen at norid.no
Mon Apr 17 11:53:15 UTC 2023

Hi,

I'm wondering what is the correct way to stop and start the opendnssec
enforcer and signer daemons. More specific, what is the correct order
to do this?

Since the enforcer wants to notify the signer from time to time that
signconf has changed, I would guess that the stopping order would be
enforcer first, then signer. And the starting order the opposite way.

However, the software package includes a controller script,
ods-control. It seems to start the enforcer first, then the signer.
And stops them in the same order. So, I'm confused. Can anyone enlighten?

Kind regards,
Erik Østlyngen