[Opendnssec-user] Restarting 2.1.6 after long semi-idle...

(Berry) A.W. van Halderen berry at nlnetlabs.nl
Thu Feb 18 10:47:40 UTC 2021

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 10:31:08AM +0100, Havard Eidnes via Opendnssec-user wrote:
> >> Yesterday a new RC has been released [1] which fixes a signer crash. You
> >> could try to use that version to see if it stays alive.
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> https://lists.opendnssec.org/pipermail/opendnssec-user/2021-February/004574.html
> >
> > Thanks!  I have now installed this one and restarted OpenDNSSEC,
> > and we'll see how that fares.
>
> So far, so good.  Looking at the diff between 2.1.6 and 2.1.8rc2
> it contains a change exactly to the code where 2.1.6 crashed.

I think this issue might have been fixed already in 2.1.7, either
as issue "Crash on OpenBSD systems in ixfr_del_rr" (SUPPORT-260)
or possibly in a fix that appeared in the 2.1.8 release candidate 1.
I think in the 2.1.7 becasue of the exact location, but the other
issue refers explicitly to a signer being offline for a while, while
the enforcer wasn't.

If the problem however still exists, I'd like to know.

With kind regards,
\Berry