[Opendnssec-user] How to specify outbound IP address for notify

Mike the.lists at mgm51.com
Mon Sep 30 16:36:33 UTC 2019

What I want to do:

I am trying to configure the Outbound section of
adddns.xml/Adapter/DNS/Outbound

to use a specific outbound IP address.

What I have done:

I can see where I configure the destination addresses (Peer and Remote),
but not the source address.

If I configure conf.xml/Signer/Listener/Interface/Address with an IP
address, I see the following message in the logs during the notification
step:

ods-signerd[86769]: [notify] unable to bind address
2607:f2f8:af30:1::53: bind() failed Can't assign requested address

where that is the address I specified in
conf.xml/Signer/Listener/Interface/Address

If I remove the address from the Signer config, then I see the log message:

ods-signerd[90456]: [notify] unable to bind address : bind failed
Invalid argument

So it looks as if Notify wants to have the address configured via
conf.xml/Signer/Listener/Interface/Address

but it also looks as if Notify tried to bind to the address, and it is
already in use.

Hence my deadlock.

So my question is:

How do I specify the address that Notify binds to when it is sending a
notify message to my slave server?

thx.