[Opendnssec-user] Missing keys and various other problems on 2.0

Casper Gielen C.Gielen at uvt.nl
Wed Jul 18 08:57:44 UTC 2018

Op 02-07-18 om 16:57 schreef Casper Gielen:
>>> I've added a cron-job that restarts the enforcer every 6 hours.
>>> That's not ideal but should make clear if the problem is just that the
>>> enforcer gets stuck and thus misses its deadlines, or if the problems go
>>> deeper.
>
> Due to a small mistake this cron-job never got installed on the system
> and this morning the enforcer was stuck again, so I don't have an new
> results.
> I've fixed the problem and the enforcer got back to it. I hope to have
> more information tomorrow.

Just a little update.
Restarting the enforcer every 6 hours supresses the symptoms. I still
get occasional errors ("DB prepare Err 2006: MySQL server has gone
away") every few days, but after a restart of the enforcer the process
continues. There are no longer large jumps in state or dissappearing
keys. I do not consider the problem solved, but DNS is usable again.

--
Casper Gielen <cgielen at uvt.nl> | LIS UNIX
PGP fingerprint = 16BD 2C9F 8156 C242 F981  63B8 2214 083C F80E 4AF7

Universiteit van Tilburg | Postbus 90153, 5000 LE
Warandelaan 2 | Telefoon 013 466 4100 | G 236 | http://www.uvt.nl