[Opendnssec-user] upgrade debian Jessie to Stretch: database trouble

Dennis Baaten dennis at baaten.com
Thu Nov 2 15:57:31 UTC 2017

Yes same here. Tried this already.

In /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf:

[mysqld]
innodb_file_format = Barracuda
innodb_large_prefix = on

Check variables with phpMyAdmin, and they are set correctly.

Next: mysqladmin --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf create odsnew
Result: new database

Next: mysql --defaults-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf odsnew < /usr/share/opendnssec/schema.mysql
Result: ERROR 1709 (HY000) at line 50: Index column size too large. The maximum column size is 767 bytes.
The index column size...

I've installed opendnssec 2.1.3 from testing (rest is still from stable) and I'm using this schema. Seems to be the same as the one from 2.0.

--
Dennis