[Opendnssec-user] mysql migrate duplicate entry

Emil Natan shlyoko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 09:19:04 UTC 2017

Since I had to provide database and configuration files most of the
correspondence went offlist, so here is an update and additional issue I
got into.

One of the issues that made the migration fail was that I'm using shared
keys ( <ShareKeys/> ) for one of my policies and the migration script did
not cope well with it. Since then I was provided with updated version which
worked well.

Another issue was that took us some time to figure out was that I did not
pay attention the configure options when building ODS with mysql support
changed, from --with-database-backend=mysql to
 --with-enforcer-database=mysql. I was using the former when building 2.1.0
and as a result the enforcer was failing to connect to the DB.

The issue I now got into after switching to 2.1.0 is that the signconf xml
files for zones which use NSEC3 state that NSEC is in use.

Originally it was:
                <Denial>
                        <NSEC3>
                                <OptOut />
                                <Hash>
                                        <Algorithm>1</Algorithm>
                                        <Iterations>10</Iterations>
                                        <Salt>2807e01b1cb8b6d1</Salt>
                                </Hash>
                        </NSEC3>
                </Denial>

Now it is:
     <Denial>
      <NSEC/>
    </Denial>

The zonefiles are still signed with NSEC3 though. Till now the signer
daemon was using the signconf files to find how to sign a zone, but it
seems this has changed now. For me it's bad because I use the data from the
signconf files for the post-signing checks. Do you consider this a bug and
is it possible to fix it? Thank you.

Emil

On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 4:33 PM, Berry A.W. van Halderen <berry at nlnetlabs.nl