[Opendnssec-user] Unixtime

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Feb 14 18:45:30 UTC 2017

Hola Luciano,

I'm afraid I'm having difficulty parsing your question. I'll make an
educated guess what your question is.

> Hi, this is my first query, person if it is repeated. I would like to
> consult if any of you could change friendly <Serial> unixtime </ Serial>
> by some command that increases the area on the value of the area already
> published so we can save this modification in the zone without signature.

I think your question is:
¿Can I increase the SOA serial /without/ resigning the zone?

I do not think OpenDNSSEC can do what you want. However:

ods-signer sign <zone> [--serial <nr>]
Read zone and schedule for immediate (re-)sign. If a serial is given,
that serial is used in the output zone.

...will do most of it. Only RR sets with expiring signatures will be
resigned. For a large zone this still can take some time.

Please do not feel discouraged to rephrase your question and ask again
in case I didn't understand you correctly.

Regards,
Yuri