[Opendnssec-user] OpenDNSSEC 2.1.0 released

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Fri Apr 21 14:58:01 UTC 2017

Le 21/04/2017 à 10:05, Yuri Schaeffer a écrit :
>> So noone really tested migrating a MySQL backed OpenDNSSEC
>> installation from 1.4 to 2.x? I'm a bit concerned about this, as there
>> are a lot of TLDs using OpenDNSSEC. Do they all still use 1.4? Do they
>> not use MySQL? Didn't anyone test this in development?
> Well, I did test it. But it is a complex migration because the database
> layout and key state representation changed radically. Unfortunately I
> can only test a subset of every imaginable situation in my lifetime.
>
> It is true (my impression) that most people run OpenDNSSEC with SQLite

Well, I don't know about most people, but I run OpenDNSSEC with (as of
right now) 2350 zones, and 5280 keys (with rollovers going on and all).

The SQLite backend was nice to begin with, but it is not workable for
large zone numbers.

I have not yet migrated from 1.4 because, well, ENOTIME, but it was on
my TODO for before the summer, I'd rather be sure quite it is going to
work :-)