[Opendnssec-user] ODS 2.0.1 and using DNS Adapter

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Sep 9 08:54:08 UTC 2016

> 1 - Where can I see logs that would show such an action taking place (an
> explicit NOTIFY) on the ODS machine?

At the verbose log level (6) the signer daemon should output something
like "incoming notify for zone <zone>".

> 2 - Can I get ODS to do an explicit query for a changed SOA?
> (equivalent of: ods-signer sign edu.za - but for DNS {IA}XFR )

ods-signer retransfer <zone>

With respect to the SOA serial. Was OpenDNSSEC behind in the zone
content or did you merely got another SOA serial than you expected?
Keep in mind ODS changes the zone content by periodically resigning it
so it needs to have some control over the SOA serial it outputs.

Regards.
Yuri