[Opendnssec-user] automated DS management when child and parent on the same system

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Fri Sep 2 17:44:45 UTC 2016

Hi Emil et al,

> We have scripted this for our environment (scripts in Python), if you're
> interested, we'd be more than happy to share our code with you. I've
> copied in Rick van Rein who is the main author of that code.

We've already posted the code on our blog, at

https://blog.surf.nl/en/reaching-out-to-the-parent-zone/

This doesn't include CDS support yet, and will let you build a bit of
code to link up to your TLD or TLDs, but other than that it is fairly
generic and, as we've found in a few years of use in a dynamic research
environment, it is *extremely* solid code :)

Spoiler/alert: We're working on a remote-procedure-call environment
(among others usable over HTTP POST) that will interact with this code.
For that to work, a few changes will be made to this code, but nothing
too far-fetched.

I hope you like it!  You're welcome to share problems that you might
experience setting it up.  We don't formally support it, but it never
hurts to ask an informed question from which we might learn :)

Enjoy,
 -Rick