[Opendnssec-user] "not serving soa" warning message

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Oct 28 08:15:30 UTC 2016

Hi Havard,

Thanks for the extensive report. I created an issue
https://issues.opendnssec.org/browse/OPENDNSSEC-853 which summarizes the
problem like this:

serial_xfr_acquired time in the xfrd state file is not updated properly.
This may cause an issue on restart if serial_xfr_acquired+expire < now.
The zone is then not served (despite having had a recent incoming XFR
and up to date SOA). After next XFR the zone will be served again.

We'll look in to it.

//Yuri