[Opendnssec-user] standby key no longer opendnssec 2.0

Yuri Schaeffer yuri at nlnetlabs.nl
Tue Nov 22 07:44:59 UTC 2016

>> Yes. This concept doesn't exist in 2.0.
>
> For both KSK and ZSK? I had the impression that standby keys are still
> possibkle for ZSK. I used them in 2.0.1, but then the rollover failed
> badly. Has it been removed completely in 2.0.3?

Standby keys where never a thing in any 2.0 release. The failed rollover
involved standby keys but was not caused by it. The bugs in the
migration script caused the problems.

When doing the migration, 2.0 was aware of these standby keys but they
would not get any special treatment. Just regular old keys that it tried
to phase out.

//Yuri