[Opendnssec-user] OpenDNSSEC with SafeNet Luna HSM

Roman Serbski mefystofel at gmail.com
Mon May 16 14:54:58 UTC 2016

Please disregard it -- everything is working fine now. I had a typo in
kasp.xml which prevented loading of the new policy.

Still have a couple of questions:

- in most of the examples I've found on the Internet people use HSM to
store KSKs and SoftHSM for ZSKs. Is it mainly to save some HSM space?

- in my case, a newly created domain consumed 2768 bytes (I store both
public and private keys for KSK and ZSK). With the current partition
size I should be able to handle up to 150 domains, but I guess I'll
also have to consider an overhead during roll-over which will
temporarily double the consumed space? Will OpenDNSSEC purge old
ZSK/KSKs after the roll-over is finished or I'll have to delete them
manually?

Thank you.