[Opendnssec-user] restore kasp database

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Wed Mar 30 16:33:21 UTC 2016

Hi Maurice,

> I was wondering if there is a way to restore the KASP database from
> the zonelist.xml and signconf files, including keys and states ?

That would not work; you should use the backups instead.  The database holds information on what should be rolled into which state when; the sources you mention are just a "here & now" reflection of the database's schedule.

Having said that, you might be able to pull off a hack where you filled in safe values for the database fields that you failed to restore; but on the whole this sounds like a one-time recovery hack and certainly not a generic tool that would be able to replace database backups.

-Rick