[Opendnssec-user] automated DS management when child and parent on the same system

Sebastian Castro sebastian at nzrs.net.nz
Wed Jul 20 20:43:43 UTC 2016

On 21/07/16 1:02 AM, Emil Natan wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Emil,

> Was automated DS management ever considered in the scenario when both
> child and parent are managed on the same system? What I mean is DS for
> the child domain to be automatically published and signed in the parent
> and replaced when KSK rollover is performed for the child domain.

That's not part of the OpenDNSSEC features, but it can be done. We have
10+ children zone and their corresponding parent signed with DNSSEC
using ODS and with some scripting magic we managed to securely transfer
the DS records for the children into the parent, making the KSK
rollovers automatic.

Cheers,