[Opendnssec-user] Sudden failure related to NSEC3, Re: Sudden failure related to NSEC3

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Thu Jul 14 10:08:20 UTC 2016

>>> You are running 1.4.10 I presume?
>>
>> I'm actually running 1.4.9 with some fixes applied, some of them
>> remnants from debugging earlier problems.  In particular, the
>> earlier fix which added zone_del_nsec3params() which came from
>> your end is part of my running code.
>
> I think my colleague might already have mentioned it, but we think
> you are in a situation that is half way 1.4.9 and 1.4.10.  And half way
> is not there yet ;-).

This seems like a quite probable explanation.  The .axfr (IIRC)
file on the OpenDNSSEC host had only one NSEC3PARAM, but the
downstream slave still held on to two, so IXFR had become
confused by the removal, and the change from my half-way 1.4.10
to 1.4.10 proper appears to fix this.

I've now upgraded my installation to be based on 1.4.10.

Regards,

- Håvard