[Opendnssec-user] ods-signerd memory leak?

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Mon Jan 25 14:42:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

in conjunction with handling the "Error allocating ksks / zsks"
messages I noticed that my ods-signerd process which had ran
since ... right before Christmas had grown considerably in
virtual size, causing me to restart my OpenDNSSEC installation.

It seems that right after startup, my ods-signderd process has a
virtual size of 394M.  The ods-signerd I killed when I restarted
OpenDNSSEC had a virtual size of 932M...

I hate admitting it, but I'm a little short on tools for
detecting memory leaks on my platform of choice, so I have to ask
if someone else can do testing with e.g. valgrind on e.g. Linux
to see where the leaks may come from?

I should perhaps first ask if anyone else running in the mode I
do (zone transfer in, zone transfer out, and with 300-ish zones)
observe something similar wrt. a long-running ods-signerd grows
significantly over time?

Regards,

- Håvard