[Opendnssec-user] Dropping exec perms -- running daemons as == ods USER/GROUP, !root ?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:22:01 UTC 2016

On 12/22/2016 01:25 AM, Yuri Schaeffer wrote:
> Though did you find out what made the
> difference for the mailer script?

no, unfortunately no specific resolution :-/

it was a 'holiday surprise'; when I put all that^^ in place, it simply started mailing.

Given that I was switching to non-root operation, it 'smells like' perms, but I never did get any error messages ...

> Also, if you are willing I'd be happy
> to include the systemd files in contrib/ dir in our release.

sure. with the caveats that they're trivial, work in my ENV with systemd 228, & are as yet untested in a production setup,

cat /etc/systemd/system/ods-signer.service
	[Unit]
	Description=OpenDNSSEC v2 Signer daemon
	After=syslog.target network-online.target

	[Service]
	Type=forking
	PIDFile=/var/run/opendnssec/signerd.pid
	ExecStart=/bin/sh -c '/usr/local/opendnssec/sbin/ods-signerd -d &'

	[Install]
	WantedBy=multi-user.target

cat /etc/systemd/system/ods-enforcer.service
	[Unit]
	Description=OpenDNSSEC v2 Enforcer daemon
	After=syslog.target network-online.target
	Wants=ods-signer.service
	After=ods-signer.service

	[Service]
	Type=forking
	PIDFile=/var/run/opendnssec/enforcerd.pid
	ExecStart=/bin/sh -c '/usr/local/opendnssec/sbin/ods-enforcerd -d &'

	[Install]
	WantedBy=multi-user.target