[Opendnssec-user] nsec3 records for insecure empty non-terminal

Emil Natan shlyoko at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 14:08:45 UTC 2016

Hi Mark,

The policy I used for this example was actually created for a very short
zonefile with well known records where the enumeration is not an issue. I
would have even used NSEC, but instead opted for NSEC3 to make the custom
checks I run on the signed zones compliant for all zones (when all zones
use NSEC3). With no other reason to use NSEC3 I was advised to use zero
length salt and zero iterations, this way  verifying resolvers need to do
less work.. IIRC resalt value of 0 did not work and generated an error, so
100 in this case is just a number.

Emil